Each week, the Geocaching HQ Visitor Center is open to visitors, Monday through Friday, 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. Read about options to visit below.
During our busiest season, August 14 - September 8, tickets are required to visit. Register for Tickets Here!
We are closed Saturday, Sunday, U.S. holidays, and very rarely for private events. We strive to list all office closures below but as you know sometimes things happen. If we have to close the office unexpectedly, we will post a note on the door.
Joining us in the Visitor Center and completing the HQ GeoTour are totally free! As a working office, we do not give tours of our office spaces.
SELF-GUIDED DROP-IN VISITS & GIFT SHOP
MONDAY - FRIDAY, 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. (Except August 14 - September 8. See below for more info on these dates).
Explore our Visitor Center @ HQ! No reservations required during our slower season but it is highly encouraged that you RSVP to let us know you are coming. Click here to fill out the RSVP form.
HQ Cache Visits August 14 - September 8
tickets are required to visit
To Register for tickets, click a date on the calendar to the right or Register for Tickets Here!
Geocaching HQ is excited that many people want to log the Geocaching Headquarters GCK25B Cache in August and September. To help ensure a favorite-point-worthy experience for all visitors we will have a ticketing system during this busy time.
The HQ cache lives in our Visitor Center. The Visitor Center is a small space that accommodates up to 25 people at a time. Please reserve a ticket for your opportunity to enter our Visitor Center and log the cache. Please note that this space is also the entrance to the Geocaching HQ offices and this visit does not include an office tour. As a working office, we are not able to support office tours.
- Find the HQ cache and sign the logbook
- Capture the moment in our photo booth
- Add the HQ icon and souvenir to your account
- Browse exclusive HQ merchandise and geocaching supplies in the gift shop
- Learn about the HQ GeoTour and passport
During these dates, all members of your group must have a ticket - including kids. Only 25 people are allowed in our Visitor Center at a time (including staff) and we must enforce this limit for safety reasons. If you do not have a ticket, you are welcome to wait in line for possible openings but waiting in line will not guarantee a visit to the HQ cache. The waiting line will be first come, first served, as space is available. We REALLY recommend getting a ticket!
LEARN TO CACHE WITH THE GEOCACHING® APP - EMAIL HQVISITS@GEOCACHING.COM TO SCHEDULE
Are you new to using the Geocaching® App or want to learn more about using the features? Join us for a 30 minute tutorial and then head out geocaching!
- 30 minute tutorial on using the Geocaching® App.
- Join us in the Visitor Center before or after for a Self-Guided Drop-In Visit.
LARGE GROUP VISITS - EMAIL HQVISITS@GEOCACHING.COM TO SCHEDULE
We enjoy hosting large groups here at HQ. Do you have a classroom of 4th graders, a program of MBA students, or another large group? Contact us to explore options for visiting.
We are closed Saturday, Sunday, U.S. holidays, and outside of the posted open hours. The Visitor Center is also closed during these dates and times:
- Closed: Thursday, February 23 from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Closed: Thursday, March 23 from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Closed: Friday, May 26 from 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Closed: Monday, May 29, All Day
- Closed: Tuesday, July 4th, All Day
- During our busiest season, August 14 - September 8, tickets are required to visit. Register for Tickets Here!
- Closed: Friday, September 1 from 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Closed: Monday, September 4, All Day
- Closed: Wednesday, November 22 from 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Closed: Thursday & Friday, November 23 & 24, All Day
- Closed: Friday, December 22 from 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Closed: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, December 25, 26, & 27, All Day
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with other questions you may have.